PhD, IEEE Senior Member
I received the “Laurea” degree (summa cum laude) in Computer Engineering in 2003 and the PhD in Systems Engineering in 2007, both from the University of Rome “La Sapienza”.
• In 2006, I was a visiting scholar for 6 months at the Motion Strategy Laboratory (UIUC) under the supervision of Prof. Steve LaValle.
• From 2007 to 2009, I was a postdoctoral Research fellow at the Robotics Laboratory of the Dipartimento di Informatica e Sistemistica (DIAG) of the University of Rome “La Sapienza”, working with Prof. Giuseppe Oriolo and Prof. Alessandro De Luca.
• In January 2009, I joined UTRI (Unmanned Technologies Research Institute) for developing real-time computer vision for UAVs and control systems for launch vehicles. In 2011 UTRI was acquired by Leonardo (previously Selex Galileo) for its excellence in unmanned technology.
• From 2011 to February 2016, I was Head of Computer Vision and Visual Servoing in Selex ES MUAS (now merged with Leonardo), responsible for the design and development of real-time computer vision and visual servoing for UAVs. In 2011 I won with part of my Team the SELEX Galileo Innovation Awards for the UAS CREX-B.
• From March 2016 to April 2018, I was a Research fellow at the ALCOR Lab (DIAG) of the University of Rome “La Sapienza” working on Computer Vision, Machine Learning and AI for UGVs in the TRADR EU Project.
• From April 2018 to December 2019, I was Chief Research Officer at Inglobe Technologies.
• Since June 2018, I am an IEEE Senior Member.
• Since 2019, I am a Faculty Member of the Advanced School in AI, organized by the Institute of Cognitive Sciences and Technologies of the Italian National Research Council (CNR).
• Now, I am working on AR/VR perception at Arcturus Industries, as a Computer Vision Engineer focusing on SLAM R&D.
I am a Freelancer and Entrepreneur, an Expert in Computer Vision, Robotics and Machine Learning.
See my LinkedIn profile.
See this page page for news about me