PhD, IEEE Senior Member
Research Director @ Inglobe Technologies
I received the “Laurea” degree (summa cum laude) in Computer Engineering in 2003 and the PhD in Systems Engineering in 2007, both from the University of Rome “La Sapienza”.
• In 2006 I was a visiting scholar for 6 months at the Motion Strategy Laboratory under the supervision of Prof. Steve LaValle.
• From 2007 to 2009, I was a postdoctoral Reaserch fellow at the DIS Robotics Laboratory of the Dipartimento di Informatica e Sistemistica (DIS) of the University of Rome “La Sapienza”, working with Prof. Giuseppe Oriolo and Prof. Alessandro De Luca.
• In January 2009, I joined UTRI (Unmanned Technologies Research Institute) for developing real-time computer vision for UAVs and control systems for launch vehicles. In 2011 UTRI was acquired by Leonardo (previously Selex Galileo) for its excellence in unmanned technology.
• From 2011 to February 2016 I was Head of Computer Vision and Visual Servoing in Selex ES MUAS (now Leonardo), responsible for the design and development of real-time computer vision and visual servoing for UAVs. In 2011 I won with part of my Team the SELEX Galileo Innovation Awards for the UAS CREX-B.
• From March 2016 to April 2018 I was a member of the ALCOR Lab working on Computer Vision, Machine Learning and AI for UGVs in the TRADR EU Project.
• Since June 2018 I am an IEEE Senior Member.
Since April 2018 I am Chief Research Officer at Inglobe Technologies.
See my linkedin profile.
See this page page for news about me