PhD, IEEE Senior Member
I received the “Laurea” degree (summa cum laude) in Computer Engineering in 2003 and the Ph.D. in Systems Engineering in 2007, both from the University of Rome “La Sapienza”.
• In 2006, I was a visiting scholar for 6 months at the Motion Strategy Laboratory (UIUC) under the supervision of Prof. Steve LaValle.
• From 2007 to 2009, I was a postdoctoral Research fellow at the Robotics Laboratory of the Dipartimento di Informatica e Sistemistica (DIAG) of the University of Rome “La Sapienza”, working with Prof. Giuseppe Oriolo and Prof. Alessandro De Luca.
• In January 2009, I joined UTRI (Unmanned Technologies Research Institute) to develop real-time computer vision for UAVs and control systems for launch vehicles. In 2011 UTRI was acquired by Leonardo (previously Selex Galileo) for its excellence in unmanned technology.
• From 2011 to February 2016, I was Head of Computer Vision and Visual Servoing in Selex ES MUAS (now merged with Leonardo), responsible for the design and development of real-time computer vision and visual servoing for UAVs. In 2011 I won with part of my Team the SELEX Galileo Innovation Awards for the UAS CREX-B.
• From March 2016 to April 2018, I was a Research Fellow at the ALCOR Lab (DIAG) of the University of Rome “La Sapienza” working on Computer Vision, Machine Learning, and AI for UGVs in the TRADR EU Project.
• From April 2018 to December 2019, I was Chief Research Officer at Inglobe Technologies.
• Since June 2018, I have been an IEEE Senior Member.
• Since 2019, I am a Faculty Member of the Advanced School in AI, organized by the Institute of Cognitive Sciences and Technologies of the Italian National Research Council (CNR).
• From 2020 to April 2022, I worked at Arcturus Industries, as an R&D SLAM Engineer, building next-generation technologies for AR/VR perception.
• In 2022 and part of 2023, I was a Principal Engineer at Electric Sheep Robotics, Head of R&D SLAM, and leading R&D activities on navigation and simulation for advanced robot mowers.
• In 2023, I started to work as a Principal Engineer at Outrider, working on State Estimation and Perception.
During certain periods, I have worked as a Consultant.
Bringing over 20 years of expertise in Computer Vision and Robotics Research, algorithm design, and implementation, I thrive as an Entrepreneur, Consultant, Coder, and lifelong Learner. My passion lies in the dynamic fields of Computer Vision, Robotics, Machine Learning, and AI.
See my LinkedIn profile.
See this page for news about me.